With Cody being away this summer, I have definitely been trying to keep myself busy. Busy weeks and days are much easier to get through than slow ones that allow me much too much time to sit, be sad, and just wish he was back already. This stretch of summer however, really is keeping me more than just busy. I feel like I haven't been home for a decent period of time in a while. I love everything I've been doing though and I
cannot wait for my last trip during this mid-summer time!
First I had my family trip to South Padre for about a week (of which I have already posted all about!), then Cody and I met up in Dallas the following weekend for a friend's wedding. Last weekend I went to Lake LBJ with Cody's parents, sister and her husband, and this weekend I am flying up to D.C. to spend four nights and three whole days plus Friday evening with my Loves!
F-i-n-a-l-l-y!!! Even though I technically saw him and spent some time with him in Dallas for the wedding weekend, since Cody was
IN the wedding as a groomsman, he was pretty busy and we actually only had (
ahem) less than about two hours together of quality/alone time together. So, it basically felt like yeah I saw him, but didn't really get to spend time with him during that trip. He was handsome in his suit at the wedding though : )
So anyways, what I was initially getting at, was that I haven't been home for about three consecutive weekends and this coming one will be the fourth. I have enjoyed and loved each trip I've been on... but I sort of feel like lately I haven't fully been able to live either out of a suitcase or just at home. After my D.C. trip I'll definitely be ready to enjoy a solid few weeks at home without needing to pack, unpack, and repack constantly.
The wedding we went to was beautiful and it was really nice to see friends that we haven't gotten to see in quite a while. On Saturday I enjoyed a nice lunch at Potbelly with a couple of the other wives while Cody and the other guys played some disc golf before going to do pictures at the church. Here are some pictures from the wedding.
(Note: We seem to have lost our camera charger and haven't replaced it yet... so my camera quickly died -and also decided to take some awfully blurry pictures before it powered off for good. So sorry for the very limited number of (some very blurry) pictures to account for the weekend.)
 |
| Enjoying dinner at the reception. |
 |
| The Barbers |
 |
The Nichols Family
--I sooo enjoyed their adorable son, Easton! |
 |
| The Sorensens |
 |
The Groom and Bride!
Jim & Brooke Koss |
 |
Thank you Stephanie for taking our picture
with the happy newlyweds after our camera died! |
 |
| Lounging on some comfy chairs above the reception for a short bit. |
 |
I love him.
And he sure was handsome in that suit! |
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This past weekend I went to Lake LBJ with Sue, Steve, Kari and John. I really wish Cody could have joined us -but I'm sure saying that is beyond obvious. Cody wished he could have been there too. We sure managed to have tons of fun and relaxation without him though! We stayed at a condo that was literally just about
on the lake and had a nice little pool. It was extremely beautiful and enjoyable. We basically lounged at the pool all day and enjoyed the view of the lake. Kari and John did venture out on a kayak once though. (Cody and I will be kayaking this weekend together in D.C.!) Here are some pics of our weekend at the lake!
 |
We literally walked about fifteen steps to the pool which was right next to part of the lake -and a golf course!
It was gorgeous. |
 |
| Me standing on a small pier. |
 |
My sister-in-law, Kari, and her husband, John.
They seriously always manage to take adorable pictures! |
 |
| Enjoyed some laying out in an attempt to gain even a slightly more noticeable tan. |
 |
| Kari enjoying a float that a sweet neighbor we met let us borrow for an afternoon. |
 |
| Of course I couldn't let only Kari enjoy it. |
 |
| Me, Sue, and Kari |
 |
| I really can't help myself. |
 |
| Me, Steve, and Kari. |
 |
The last afternoon and evening a storm slowly rolled in and I seriously thought the dark clouds made the lake look amazing! This photo did not capture the beauty I saw in this scene.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Soon I will be off for my next adventure! I am beyond excited that my weekend to go visit Cody in D.C. is finally about here! I leave bright and early Friday morning on a 6:30 a.m. flight! (I am NOT a morning person, yet I couldn't be happier for this flight!) After a layover in Dallas I will arrive in D.C. around 1:00 in the afternoon and then take a bus to the metro which should take me just a couple of blocks away from the hotel we will be staying at. I have never flown by myself (and am not a huge fan of flying) or taken a bus -let alone a completely unfamiliar metro- by myself. So needless to say, I am somewhat (*okay, a lot) nervous about the actual travel part of this trip. But I'm a big girl -right? I'm 25. I've been married for four years now... I can figure this out and it'll be a good independent experience. Assuming I do make it to the hotel just fine and dandy. I'll tell all about our D.C. weekend sometime after I get back!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment