I know that's kinda silly to state... but just lately that's how I've been feeling... life goes on.... it just keeps going and going and we always seem busy and always seem stressed and always seem to not be able to just relax and have time to be together. Any one else feel that way? I'm not totally complaining because this long-term sub job is exactly what I and we needed. I needed a consistent job I get up and go to daily and we needed the paycheck. God provided this exactly when we really needed it. Now it's just... we're both constantly busy with work! I guess that happens. Life just keeps going one day at a time... busy, busy, busy. It's weird feeling like I miss my husband in the middle of the week!
Anyways. So a little general up-date on life. I've been at the long-term sub position 2 months now, and we have the TAKS test next week! I'm assuming there will be less stress for the remainder of the school year after the TAKS is over. Maybe I'm wrong... guess we'll see. It's still difficult. I feel like an awful person for wanting to punch some of these kids. I'm honestly really torn about whether I just am not good at this, or if it would be different if I was officially a hired teacher and had started the year from day 1 with my own classroom. I don't know. All I know is it's difficult and I don't know how I'm handling it. Not well I'm assuming because it's not really getting better. ...Only something like 28 or 30 days left?! -Right? I think that's the last number I heard from a friend who's counting down.
Cody is taking the GRE on May 2nd! He's been looking at study material online every now and then and he is pretty confident (you know with his genius math brain and all) for the math portion, it's just the verbal/writing section that makes him nervous. I know he will do awesome though! He's a smarty! So feel free to lift up some prayers for him to do his best on that test.
On a different note... I have been applying (actually since before I got this long-term sub position) for jobs with the Department of Family and Protective Services, specifically CPS. And actually I was moved onto the next step and did about 8 hours of online assessments over a 3 day period a few weeks ago... and then got a call for an interview! Which I was extremely excited about... however I got the voicemail and the interview was for the very next day at 2:00, and I replied I couldn't make it without more notice, and then I guess I lost my chance at that position. I was really disappointed, but I guess that one wasn't meant to work out. I have recently applied for a new posted position -for the same thing, same title, so I know I am qualified, and I am hoping and praying to get another call. I told Cody, no matter when they say the interview is for... I'm not asking for a different time again; I'll be there! So that's something I've been interested in and looking into a lot lately. I have no idea if anything will work out with it or not... I am trusting that God will provide a job, I just don't know if this is it or not. I am kinda hoping to get a call though. We'll see. Just wanted to share since this is something I've been looking into now for several months and am still excited about.
That's about it! Callie is her usual pain in the butt. Sometimes I wonder why we got her! (Please don't judge me... she's big and often hurts me a lot!) I told Cody just the other day that it actually just recently hit me that she is like a 10+ year commitment! Somehow I hadn't realized that. She's ours and we're stuck with her. Cody loves her to death. She bothers the heck outta me though! Anyways... on that note, I've gotta take her out!
No comments:
Post a Comment