Week 1 of school: check! Second Monday of school: check! Who's already looking forward to the long Labor Day weekend? -My husband is. (I'm sure along with most other teachers.)
So Cody's starting year two of teaching, and I think his first week went pretty well. Thank you Lord : ) He did start to get exhausted and stressed towards the end of the week and over the weekend, I guess as to be expected. This year he has 3 preps instead of 2. He's teaching (I think I've already shared this with yall... but oh well) regular Geometry, Pre-AP Geometry, and Pre-AP Algebra II. He has some students again from last year... not repeats, just they had him for Algebra I and now for Geometry. He doesn't feel as prepared for this second week as the first week. I'm hoping and praying that he'll be able to stay organized and on top of grading and such throughout the year so that these 3 preps don't make it all too stressful. So far his favorite class is the Pre-AP Algebra II. I think he's really enjoying the ability to have real discussions with those classes and getting their brains thinking and sharing about it all. Hopefully that will continue.
I haven't had a sub job yet. I guess teachers make a real effort to not be absent at the beginning of the school year (-I guess it's understandable). Today I went to a couple schools (and if I don't have jobs during the rest of this week, I plan to continue) and dropped off some business cards with my contact info and certification areas in lots of teachers' mailboxes. Hopefully some of them will give me a call to sub for them. And then hopefully they like me and use me again, and share my name with other teachers, and I get very familiar with a couple schools, and then if either a long-term sub job opens up, or a full-time teaching position, the principal will consider me. Hopefully. I guess that's the new goal.
Filling some of my spare time at the moment, I've become a bit of a blog addict. I currently have four. This one (that obviously I don't need to tell you about) and a private blog that acts as my journal-thing, (I don't really like to say that I journal for some reason...) I've had for a while now. But after lunch with some friends from church on Sunday (yesterday), I decided to start two new ones... and that process kept me up later than I have been in quite a while. But I love it. I half feel bad because I'm sharing this... but I'm not going to tell you what/where they are. Sorry! One is under a different name so that I have anonymity to be completely open and honest and express myself through the outlet of blogging, and another was a suggestion of my friends at lunch... a writing blog. That one is also private (I might open it up later, not sure yet) and the focus there will be for me to have motivation to actually write something every now and then. I love writing and have a secret (guess it's not secret anymore) dream of being a writer -although I honestly don't think I have the talent to, it's still something I enjoy. So... sorry I tend to ramble. These two new blogs are sort of experiments. We'll see if they continue to develop and last for long. I hope they do... but you never know. Four blogs might just be too much!
Anyways. Gotta go help Cody grade some papers and figure out dinner plans. I had a new meal to try tonight that I was excited about... but another dumb headache that is very quickly worsening will probably get in the way of that. Maybe another night this week. We'll see.
PS - Happy birthday to my Dad! I'm glad you have leftover chocolate cake to enjoy today!
You're awesome, and I'm glad you're my friend.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed talking with you at dinner last night!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for always being so encouraging.