Friday, March 4, 2011

Wicked

Yesterday evening I spent a wonderful girls' night out with Sue and Kari (Cody did join us for dinner first).  We went and saw Wicked at the Majestic and it was beyond spectacular!  Seriously.  Cody and I went and saw the Lion King the Christmas before last and I loved that experience of going to the theater... and I liked the play, but this time seeing Wicked... I absolutely was AMAZED and in love with that play and music!  And the cast.  They were AMAZING.  I got the CD soundtrack during intermission (thanks Sue!) and am slightly disappointed that it is a CD of a different cast. I guess I should have expected that... but seriously.  The cast we saw last night was captivating on stage and I wanted a CD of THEM.  They were just astounding and I loved everything about the play so much!  So I wish the CD was of the cast we saw because I don't think I'll ever enjoy another performance as much as I enjoyed my experience from last night.  I told Cody that if it was a possibility I would want to see that exact performance with that exact cast over and over again. 

Anyways.  I think you get the picture!  A big thank you to Sue (and Steve) for the night out and the gift of seeing that play!

No comments:

Post a Comment