Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tidbits

Two random things to share:

Tidbit 1:  After six weeks of not being able to do much of anything, I have finally been able to start cooking again!  I realize this isn't something super exciting... but it's a big deal to me at the moment.  We have had to resort to eating out a TON since the accident (since pretty much up until about a week ago I could hardy be up for much time at all and it still hurt my leg a lot... therefore I was not able to cook us dinners) and this week I finally felt up to making some easy meals.  Nothing too complicated or that would require me to stand in the kitchen for very long... but, I am so glad to be making dinners for my husband again -and to save us the cost of eating out.  Not to mention after six weeks... I've kinda gotten tired of the same fast foods over and over.  Monday I made simple spaghetti (which is my favorite anyways), however I did forget about the part where I would need help to carry the full pot with water and the cooked noodles over to the sink to drain it.  Fortunately by that point Cody was already home and able to quickly do that for me.  Spaghetti was yummy and something I've missed!  Yesterday I tried something new... just kind of throwing stuff together that I could let simmer without worrying about it or having to check on it.  It turned out wonderfully and Cody both completely finished it off and 'gave me permission' lol to make it as often as I wanted.  It was simply pork chops with carrots and potatoes, simmering for an hour in beef flavoring and Worchestershire sauce.  I was excited it turned out exactly as I hoped.  I have named it Stewed Beef Chops --or Beef Stewed Chops.  Nothing fancy at all!  But I was glad to have sort of made something myself (alright, I did sort of combine other types of recipes I've used in the past, but still) that turned out great!  And because I hate not knowing what to call meals... I decided to name it. Please don't judge me.
My Beef Stewed Chops... nothing fancy, but it made me excited to be cooking again!
Tidbit 2:  I was just reading someone's blog (please don't judge me again -I definitely read random blogs of people even that I don't really know) and found out about this website called BookSneeze.  It looks really interesting!  I haven't tried it out yet (I did JUST discover it today) but I've definitely signed up and hope to soon. If you sign up with it, you can get free copies of select books, and all you have to do is write a review and share it on your blog and on a consumer website.  It seems like it's either all or mainly Christian material -ranging from Bibles to Christian fiction to children's books to practical living... it looks like it offers a variety of options.  Anyways, for those people with a blog and who enjoy reading Christian books, it looks like something worthwhile to look into!  Like I said, I haven't tired it yet, but it looks worthwhile and like a neat system if you're willing to write a short review for each book!  Just thought someone out there might like to take advantage of that opportunity -I know it got me interested.

If you're interested, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment