Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quote Much?

Throughout our relationship, Cody and I have enjoyed using quotes from TV shows and movies in our daily conversations whenever possible.  We just happen to find it amusing.  Quotes don't happen all the time, but often enough, they fit pretty perfectly in natural conversation.  Over time the shows/movies we quote change.  We typically have about a handful of quotes at any time that we tend to use more frequently, and they eventually swap in and out with whatever shows/movies we have been enjoying more recently.

At the moment, these are the quotes we most often use: (I apologize if some are slightly off...)

Arrested Development:  (-Perfect source for hilarious one liners!  We use these pretty exactly.)


"I've made a huge mistake."


"Light drizzle will just annoy you, but thunder will f you up."


"He deserves a big hand."  (Or we enjoy any modification about a big hand.)


"Who? Her?"


"Same!"  (Definitely awesome if we can both say it at the same, or almost, same time.-SAME!)


"I would but, I just drank a lot of water." (Perfect excuse for anything lol!)


"That was a freebie."


"That's why you always leave a note."



Parks and Rec:  (We don't use these as exact quotes, but rather use them in our own way whenever we can.)


You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me ALL the bacon and eggs you have.


Calzones.  (Just generally any time we can mention calzones we try to.)



The Office:  (We still use this quote as often as possible -as everyone should.  It's obviously a classic and is amazingly appropriate in almost daily conversations.  -Appropriate as in, can be used to easily fit in natural dialogue, not "appropriate" as in actually appropriate to use loudly in public.)


"That's what she said."


Anyone else find the use of quotes as entertaining as we do?!  




No comments:

Post a Comment