I haven't updated on my leg in a while... but that's a good thing! It means there isn't as much to report. Just in the last two weeks my leg has made
HUGE progress which is very exciting. I can sometimes walk without a limp... it takes me being up and moving around a bit to kinda warm it up I guess... but then I can walk pretty normally which is exciting. I can go up stairs without a problem, however going down I still have to focus a bit. I
STILL eleven weeks later have a bruise and it's still pretty sore. Not as sore or colorful as it has been, but by now I expected it to be gone and pain free. (Cody always forgets... and often hits my leg and I give him this angry face and not so gently remind him 'I AM STILL BRUISED'... and then he accidentally hits it again a few minutes later. It's an unfortunate cycle.) My last three INR tests (I had one today) have been low at 1.4, 1.8, and today was 1.5. (Suppose to be between 2 and 3 while on the Warfarin.) We're readjusting my dosage and tomorrow I'm going in to get another ultrasound on my leg for the blood clot. I've been having some minor pain and pressure again behind my knee and in my calf for about 3 weeks now and my doctor said at this point I shouldn't, and so we're going to check it out just in case. The pain now is nothing compared to what it was initially... where that was definitely a 10, this is only like a 2, but he still said I shouldn't be feeling that at all by now. So. That's basically my update! Oh, and tomorrow (or Friday, I may have to move the appointment because of the ultrasound that is now scheduled for tomorrow) is my last PT session! So yay for that.
Now, while I don't know how exciting pictures of a bruise are, I finally uploaded my camera and now have some pics that document my leg from September to late October that I thought I'd share. Also some pics are from my phone so they're not great quality.
Week 1: (Day 5)
 |
| leg bruise |
 |
| welt on my back |
 |
| elbow | | |
|
4 1/2 Weeks
 |
| You can see how my thigh shrank from not being able to use it much. |
6 Weeks
I haven't been good lately at uploading and organizing my pictures! I'll have to upload pics of the last 5 weeks when I find them!
No comments:
Post a Comment